Valerie got her license!!! Great job!
On the Road practice and Driving Instructions, Test Reviews:
Students will learn:
- Complete a Pre-Driving Vehicle Check, Refilling gas and vehicle fluids, basic maintenance
- Car interior and exterior adjustments before and manipulation during driving:
- Seat, back, distance to steering wheels, steering wheels, mirrors,
- Control buttons and components
- Adaptive equipment
- Apply safety concepts
- Recognize and obey traffic signs, signals, and road markings
- Maneuver the vehicle safely in any directions and surfaces, including hills, irregular surfaces, round abouts, backing up, turning, etc.
- Share the road with pedestrians and bicycles
- Changing lanes, passing safely, Merge, parking
- Apply common sense and good decision making when driving
- How to react to emergency situations and accomodate emergency vehicles
- Learn braking techniques used for vehicles equipped with and without ABS brakes
- Drive in all weather conditions, and the varying speed to accommodate all road conditions
- Navigate safely through road construction and detours
- Enter and exit a highway, drive safely highways
- Learn how to use adaptive equipment or changes to the vehicle while still be able to operate safely
- Driving in urban, rural and highway environments to practice safe driving and how to handle conditions, problem solving.
- Test Reviews and practices
- How to Drive Round Abouts
- Advantages and Energy Saving of Round Abouts (Figure 8)
- 10 Round About Myths
"who knows what you will find on the road, maybe we can adapt this too!"
Living Life's 5R's:
Relaxation and Reflection
Reduces Road Rage:
Learn how to use relaxation techniques and positive imagery, tranquil attitudes, to enhance driving experiences and safety