Don't forget that even in the car, good ergonomics is important. Ergonomic set ups take place not only at the office, factory, or home. Driving in your car, trunk, van, or motorcycle is a big part of life, therefore requiring correct set up as well:
- Correct posture and body mechanics are important while driving.
- Eye / hand coordination, quick reflexes are vital to safe driving and protecting yourself and others on the road
- Body shape, musculo-skeletal types and alignment, pain, lack of movements all affect how well you drive, and how you feel.
- Furthermore, because driving is a very active / dynamic task, you also have to consider visual aids / cues, where to look and turn.
- Driving while in a Wheelchair is possible. Ergonomics is very important to ensure perfect fitting and alignment of head, trunk, arms, hands, to be able to see visually and to have full control of vehicle.
Physiological Components: "Practice makes perfect"
- Improve your Perception and Coordination
- Range of motion and reaction time
- Eye hand coordination
- Fine and gross motor control
- Reducing muscle spasms and spasticity
Congrats Juan- So proud of you!
Living Life's 5R's:
Relaxation and Reflection
Reduces Road Rage:
Learn how to use relaxation techniques and positive imagery, tranquil attitudes, to enhance driving experiences and safety